Community & Events Coordinator
Land O Lakes, FL
Land O Lakes, FL
WTS International is hiring a part-time Community & Events Coordinator, otherwise named as the Community Extension Agent (CEA) for a residential community in Land O' Lakes, Florida. The Community Extension Agent will work as a liaison between the board trustees, residents, committees and the homeowner's association. The Community Extension Agent will be responsible for creating resident committees of all types, planning and implementing a variety of programs, activities and social events, soliciting feedback and suggestions from residents and performing a variety of administrative tasks. The Community Extension Agent will continuously support the mission of the Council which states "The Council's mission is to generate, preserve, and enhance a true sense of "community" through the creation and sponsorship of programs, activities, and services to facilitate: Interaction, inclusiveness, involvement, community pride and responsibility and the sharing of ideas, common interests and resources. Additionally the Community Extension Agent will solicit quotes for any and all capital improvements the Council would like to investigate. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and have the ability to lead and facilitate volunteer committees. Prior event planning experience preferred.
$20 hourly rate. Prior event and community experience highly preferred. This role will typically work 18-20 hours a week and we offer exceptional opportunities for advancement. Apply today for immediate consideration.
• Responsible for supporting the Board of Trustees goals for the Council
• Continuously build and foster positive community spirit
• Recruit volunteers to serve on committees
• Market the council to the community through various channels such as email blasts, mailers, newsletters, phone calls, social media, etc.
• Lead, assist and develop various committees
• Attend and facilitate a variety of committee meetings on regular rotation
• Promote the mission and vision of the Council to the community
• Plan, promote and implement events, activities and programs that support the mission of the council
• Collaborate with vendors, both internal and external, on all committee and council decisions and goals
• Provide written monthly reports to the Board of Trustees
• Collaborate with the various Board members to keep them informed
• Create and distribute community surveys to residents
• Recommend capital improvement projects centered around the community
• Solicit quotes for capital improvement projects and work with the amenity management firm and homeowners association through the entire process
• Implement processes and procedures for committees to adhere to
• Assist the council with research, tracking and data entry
• Misc. responsibilities assigned from the Board of Trustees or WTS International, LLC
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working in a community setting preferred
- Prior event planning, non-profit, recreation experience preferred
- Must be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Must be a self-starter and enjoys leading group discussions
- Must be well organized
- Proficient in Microsoft office, word, power point, publisher and excel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.