The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Ensure the club is clean, well stocked and maintained to meet the satisfaction of our members, guests, employees and legal standards. Responsible for overseeing the Club Attendant staff.
Summary Of Essential Functions:
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Ensures the club meets all applicable standards with regard to housekeeping, towel desk and courts.
- Develop and maintain housekeeping standards to ensure club cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure locker rooms are clean and up to Village standards at all times.
- Manage locker rental system.
- Secures and manage local vendor contracts for supplies.
- Prepares and maintain a ready list of vendors and emergency contacts for products and supplies.
- Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals
- Responsible for hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
- Prepare and manage departmental budget
- Conduct monthly staff meetings
- Place high emphasis on the importance of the social element. This includes participation in planning and execution of club events as needed, such as Parent’s Night Out, Jazz By The Pool and Casino Night.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty System (this is for selected managerial areas) and other duties as assigned.
- Four years of housekeeping experience
- Purchasing experience and vendor selection
- Strong eye for detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team
- Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Experience in upscale resort or fitness facility
This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 50 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment. Must also be able to climb ladders.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as detailed cleaning and folding. IN addition, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors, extensive reading and inspecting facilities.
Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments, exposure to dirt, noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions. In addition, typical office or administrative work and member outdoor activity.