Climbing Instructor- Manhattan Plaza
The Climbing Instructor is responsible for providing quality fitness programs designed to meet the needs of members, residents or guests.
• Welcomes climbers to the gym - ensure they have everything they need to have a good time.
• Sales—direct climbers to the lessons that fit their needs.
• Upkeep of the gym's neatness and overall appearance.
• Provide instruction to new climbers, including shoe fitting, harness use, autobelay operation, bouldering etiquette, belay skills, and climbing techniques.
• Climb. Part of your job is to be part of the climbing community, so we encourage you to climb with our members, climb at other gyms around the city, and stay in touch with climbing news, techniques, gear, and the community at large.
• Ensures that class areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Attends all scheduled meetings
• Attends schedules professional trainings.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization
• Must have educational background in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
• Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
• Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
• Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Ability to lift 25 lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.