WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Climbing Gym Manager for Manhattan, NY.
• Safety Management: inspection of equipment, belay devices, auto-belays, anchors, ropes, shoes, bouldering pads and the structural integrity of climbing wall.
• Incident Reports: timely reported and complete documentation.
• Recruitment & training: hiring & paperwork of all staff. Write ups when needed. • Scheduling: staff for weekly shifts, groups and special events.
• Meetings: attend weekly manager meetings (Weds 1:00 pm) & hold dept meetings.
• Orientations: ensuring other staff members are giving orientations to MPHC standards.
• Marketing: social media, email blasts, promotional opportunities, website, sponsors, etc.
• Special Events: organize various events including; bouldering competitions, industry movie screenings, themed parties, etc.
• Route setting: oversee regular route changes for quality & grading accuracy.
• Scheduling groups: birthday parties, corporate, MP & children's climbing programs.
• Clinics/classes: organize & promote
• Payroll: process bi-weekly for entire department.
• Budget Control: Track and maintain departmental budget.
• Inventory, supplies & equipment: monitor supplies and facilitate purchasing needed ie: uniforms, holds, climbing equipment, chalk, etc.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred in the area of Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field.
• Must be certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization
• Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a health facility setting
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• Must have excellent oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually.
• Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Must be in excellent physical condition.
• Must be able to think independently and develop programs for specific exercise and member/guests needs.
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Must be able to build rapport with members or guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Good verbal skills.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
• This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: medicine balls, resistance bands, free weights, bosu, jump ropes, steppers, selectorized equipment, cable assisted machines, calipers.
• This position may require exposure to noise and mechanical hazards.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.