Climbing Gym Instructor
New York, NY
Arch Amenities Group
New York, NY 10036
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Climbing Gym Instructor. The Climbing Gym Instructor is responsible for providing quality fitness and exercise programs designed to meet the needs of members, residents or guests.
- Welcomes climbers to the gym -
- Ensures climbers have everything they need to have a good time
- Sales-direct climbers to the lessons that fit their needs
- Upkeep of the gym's neatness and overall appearance
- Provides instruction to new climbers, including shoe fitting, harness use, autobelay operation, bouldering etiquette, belay skills, and climbing techniques.
- Participates in the climbing community, climbs at other gyms around the city, and stays in touch with climbing news, techniques, gear, and the community at large.
- Ensuring that a safe and healthy environment exists for climbing
- Dressing appropriately for instructing climbers
- Sharing educational information with climbers
- Teaching climbers with energy and enthusiasm
- Motivating climbers to the best of your ability
- Noting new climbers and sharing basic exercise information with them
- Keeping up-to-date onclimbing and safety trends
- Reporting any equipment/facility problems to the management team
- Begins and ends all shifts, events, and lessons on time.
- Ensures that climbing gym is clean and set according to procedures.
- Attends all scheduled meetings
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- A deep interest in climbing
- Three years of climbing experience preferred
- Customer service skills
- Experience working with children
- Observant-the ability to see problems developing and solve them before they escalate
- Self-directed-able to see what needs to be done and do it without being tol• Valid CPR Certification
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
- Must be in excellent physical condition to teach climbing
- Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
- Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.