Child Care Attendant
Arch Amenities Group
Ashburn, VA 20147
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Child Care Attendant. The Child Care Attendant is responsible for assisting with the operation of the facility nursery and/or child care. This position requires continuous supervision of children and initiation of fun activities as well as making sure the nursery is clean and organized at all times. Parents will be onsite the Pavilion while the children are in your care for no more than 2hrs per child. Capacity is 7-8 children ages infants-12 years old at any given time.
- Implement activities in accordance with program objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment by keeping the facility clean and orderly
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and time sheets.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
- Monitor the health of the children.
- Work scheduled hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- Normal work hours: M-F 3-8pm, S-S 8am-1pm. Day flexibility can be discussed!
- Previous experience working with children
- Valid C.P.R. certification and Standard First Aid Certification (we can provide this).
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- A good listener with the ability to show empathy.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
- Must exhibit organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.