Child Care Attendant
The Day Care/Nursery Attendant is responsible for assisting with the operation of the facility nursery and or child care. This position requires continuous supervision of children and initiation of fun activities as well as making sure the nursery is clean and organized at all times.
- Assist staff with both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment by keeping the facility clean and orderly
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
- Attend in-service training and staff meetings
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and time sheets.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
- Monitor the health of the children.
- Work scheduled hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience working with children
- Valid C.P.R. certification
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
- Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment.
- Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with parents.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- A good listener with the ability to show empathy.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
- Must exhibit organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.