Child Care Associate/Before & After School Leader - BAAC - Bel Air, MD
Bel Air, MD
Bel Air, MD 21014
Bel Air Athletic Club
Bel Air, MD
Part-time, Weekdays – 7a-9a and/or 2:30p-6:30p
We are looking for a Before & After Care Leader!
Who we are:
Bel Air Athletic Club is Harford County’s premier athletic club and spa with unparalleled service, state-of-the-art amenities, and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our club supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What our Before & After Care Leaders are all about:
Our Before & After Care Leaders provide exceptional care for school age children before and after school hours. They take pride in being a positive role model while assisting with group games and the supervision of homework, swimming, rock climbing and various gym activities.
What you’re all about:
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- An efficient multi-tasker who genuinely enjoys the high demands of a leadership role.
- A joy for working and engaging with children in a professional but cheerful manner.
- Thrive in a high energy and fast-paced environment.
- Completion of at least one course related to school age child development (education or psychology based).
- Completion of 400 hours of experience working with school age children, one year of college experience (30 hours) OR some combination of the two.
- A clean driving record is a must and previous experience driving a van is ideal.
- Completion of 45-hour school age certification from CCA preferred.
- CPR certified for adults and children, First Aid certified OR are willing to be trained upon being hired.
- Open to working the hours of M-F 7a – 9a and/or 2:30p – 6:30p and willing to be flexible when there are school closings or early dismissals.
- A patient and courteous demeanor with the ability to communicate effectively with both parents and children.
- You are able to handle emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
Why we’re a great company to join!
- Must be physically able to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- We have no problem sharing our clubs with our employees for FREE!
- We provide the opportunity to strategize, learn, lead and grow!