Cash Application Specialist
Deerfield Beach, FL
YouFit Health Clubs
Deerfield Beach, FL
SUMMARY: The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for cash reporting, cash reconciliation, and cash variance analysis for Youfit’s Accounting Department. The Cash Application Specialist will report to the Assistant Controller.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Cash Reconciliation for multiple accounts
- Cash Reporting
- Cash variance analysis (overs/shorts)
- Cash application which includes but not limited to keying payment information, and applying allowances and deductions
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Ability to handle high volume of work efficiently
- Strong customer service orientation.
This role requires no supervisory responsibility
This role operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a desktop dual-monitor station, mouse, keyboard and multi-line phone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
While performing the duties of this role, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role with some bending, lifting (up to 50 pounds) and stooping required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position (non-exempt/hourly). Days and hours worked are Monday through Friday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm). This position may require extended work hours including some weekend hours - with advanced notice provided, and advanced approval for overtime hours to be worked.
This position requires minimal travel as needed
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year Accounting degree preferred (2 year required)
- Excels skills should include use of pivot table and vlookup functionality
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college courses in accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience in accounting preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Youfit Health Clubs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics