St. Pete Beach, FL
St. Pete Beach, FL
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Camp Instructor in St. Pete Beach, FL. Potential advancment opportunities. The Camp Instructor is responsible for assisting with the running of all camps to include but not limited to: providing customer service, ensuring the safety and welfare of all participants, and the continual evaluation of camp activities.
- Ensure the gymnasium, courts, and hallway are clean and orderly.
- Supervise, administer, and initiate children's activities for the camp.
- Prepare fun activities, ensuring appropriateness for various ages and abilities.
- Ensure the safety for all age groups.
- Communicates issues with a camper to the parent in a tactful manner
- Make suggestions of activities and supplies for the program consistent with budget provided by Camp Director.
- Follow instructions from supervisor and/or parent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Experience caring for children
- Prefer those who have studied education or recreation management
- Prior experience in instruction of sport assigned
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude toward job, team and facility.
- Maintain professionalism and confidence and can tactfully communicate with parents.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children; is a positive role model
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Individuals must be able to work in a dynamic, customer service oriented environment; adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.