St.Pete Beach, FL
St.Pete Beach, FL
Located on powder sand St. Pete Beach, the Camp Counselor is responsible for assisting with the running of all camps to include but not limited to: providing customer service, ensuring the safety and welfare of all participants, and the continual evaluation of camp activities.
• Ensure the gymnasium, courts, and hallway are clean and orderly.
• Supervise, administer, and initiate children's activities for the camp.
• Prepare fun activities, ensuring appropriateness for various ages and abilities.
• Ensure the safety for all age groups.
• Communicates issues with a camper to the parent in a tactful manner
• Make suggestions of activities and supplies for the program consistent with budget provided by Camp Director.
• Follow instructions from supervisor and/or parent.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school education
• At least eighteen years of age
• CPR/First Aid certification
• Clear criminal record check
• Experience caring for children
• Prefer those who have studied education or recreation management
• Prior experience in instruction of sport assigned
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude toward job, team and facility.
• Maintain professionalism and confidence and can tactfully communicate with parents.
• Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children; is a positive role model
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
• Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Individuals must be able to work in a dynamic, customer service oriented environment; adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.