The Camp Counselor is responsible for assisting with the running of all camps to include but not limited to: providing customer service, ensuring the safety and welfare of all participants, and the continual evaluation of camp activities.
• Ensure the gymnasium, courts, and hallway are clean and orderly.
• Supervise, administer, and initiate children's activities for the camp.
• Prepare fun activities, ensuring appropriateness for various ages and abilities.
• Ensure the safety for all age groups.
• Communicates issues with a camper to the parent in a tactful manner
• Make suggestions of activities and supplies for the program consistent with budget provided by Camp Director.
• Follow instructions from supervisor and/or parent.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school education
• At least eighteen years of age
• CPR/First Aid certification
• Clear criminal record check
• Experience caring for children
• Prefer those who have studied education or recreation management
• Prior experience in instruction of sport assigned
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude toward job, team and facility.
• Maintain professionalism and confidence and can tactfully communicate with parents.
• Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children; is a positive role model
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
• Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Individuals must be able to work in a dynamic, customer service oriented environment; adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.