Position: Camp EMT
Location: Harriman State Park
Average Schedule: July 5 – August 10
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Camp Director, the Camp EMT will maintain the health and safety of participants, guests and staff through the effective interpretation of health forms, dispensing of medications, responding to injury or illness and effective prevention at BCNY’s sleepaway camp in Harriman State Park. The Camp EMT will stay at camp from Monday-Friday every week between July 8 and August 9.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Compile and interpret medical forms for participants and communicate information to appropriate personnel
• Maintain guidelines and regulations set forth by ACA, State of New York and BCNY
• Manage log of camper medical records, emergency contact information, and medications
• Dispense medications, following standing physician orders
• Provide first aid treatment and determine when additional care is required
• Maintain accurate records of all incidents, treatments, and medications; submit all reports within the established time frame
• Maintain health service supplies; ensure first aid kits and health center is stocked
• Coordinate doctor visits for campers and staff, as needed
• Inform parents informed of incidents involving their child or children and keep the Camp Director informed about incidents concerning staff members and/or campers
• Help other departments as needed
• Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings
• Supervises health and sanitation
• Oversees initial health screening of campers and daily health surveillance of camp occupants
• Handles health emergencies and injuries, including emergency preparedness and provisions for professional health care
• Reports required incidents to the local health department within 24 hours
Education and/or Experience
• Must be available to work and live on-site
• Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s preferred
• Registered EMT, LPN or RN.
• Current First Aid / CPR / BLS / NYS certifications
• Clinical skills, physiological knowledge of medical terms and practices
• Excellent communication skills
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.