Camp Coordinator - HIAC - Tampa, FL
Tampa, FL 33602
Harbour Island Athletic Club
A Wellbridge Company
We are looking for a Camp Coordinator to lead our children’s activity based programs!
Who we are:
Harbour Island Athletic Club is Tampa’s premier fitness, aquatics and tennis club with top-of -line amenities and cutting edge programs. Our club has been recognized as one of the top ten Athletic Clubs in the country and supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active.
What our camp is all about:
Harbour Island Athletic Club Blast Fit Kids Camp is unique to Tampa. The camp is limited to 25 children. Campers who are encouraged by counselors to have fun with a variety of healthy activities; cardio tennis, yoga, obstacle courses, swim techniques, swim endurance, brain games, team building, arts, crafts and more!
What HIAC Camp Coordinators are all about:
Our Camp Coordinator enjoys engaging with and supervising children from 5-12 years of age who participate in our spring break, winter break, summer break camp programs. The Camp Coordinator, through lesson planning and scheduling activities will bring a level of fun and structure to our BLAST camps. The Camp Coordinator will promote a safe environment and appropriate care for all campers and staff.
We are looking for high level of energy and creativity when coming up with weekly plans, schedules, assisting in the training of the team, monitoring attendance and much more. They are comfortable communicating with parents and value creating an atmosphere for children to learn, play and grow.
What you’re all about:
- You enjoy working with children in a professional but cheerful manner.
- You are comfortable working with special needs children.
- You’re comfortable working with parents, enforcing policies and coordinating activities.
Why we’re a great company to join!
- Assisting marketing and promoting camp programs.
- Experience supervising children ages 5-12 preferably in group activities.
- CPR certification; First Aid, Lifeguard or WSI certifications are a plus.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to be vibrant and alert for long periods of time around children.
- Exceptional problem solving ability, a creative inclination and an innovative thinker.
- No criminal convictions.
- You’ll enjoy a complementary membership!
- We have state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
Wellbridge owns and operates 7 unique brands of full-service, premiere athletic and tennis clubs in the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 19 locations spanning 7 states. We proudly employ more than 3,000 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 37,000 members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.