Business Development Research Associate
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Business Development Research Associate in Chicago, IL. The Associate researches and coordinates business development and sales duties in support of WTS International. This role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy, social media management skills and attention to detail. Our ideal candidate is intelligent, articulate, professional, highly ambitious and open to working in a fast paced and high energy environment. This role reports directly to Chief Growth Officer and offers exceptional opportunities for career growth and professional development.
The Business Development and Research Associate will be responsible for company growth by researching and identifying business opportunities and acquiring profitable new business and accounts for the company. Prior experience in the health, wellness or leisure industry preferred but not required.
• Identifies potential business development opportunities in corporate fitness as well as hotel, resort and residential development markets in the United States.
• Researches key contacts for owners/developers, architecture firms, and property management contracts.
• Communicates with business development leads and helps to procure new accounts, business or growth opportunities for WTS International.
• Makes phone calls as needed to prospects, helps coordinate the gathering of information, and assists in the development of proposals to clients.
• Able to meet or exceed sales goals established by company.
• Assists with RFP's responses and preparations (if required) of proposals to clients.
• Maintains Sales Force database and contacts.
• Other duties as assigned that can assist WTS to expose our services to potential clients throughout the US and abroad.
• 2 or more years of prior business development and sales experience.
• B.A. degree in business, management, sales/marketing, recreation/leisure or a related field.
• Database management experience, preferably with Sales Force.
• Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be extremely effective at initiating high-level contacts in accounts and have strong presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to pro-actively research new leads and contracts.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel, with a customer service focus.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to work independently, identify and initiate projects, problem solve and produce results.
• Ability to follow up, track leads/contracts and work with the WTS team to assist in "closing" new business.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.