Business Development Associate
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure management firms, is seeking a Business Development Associate to work in the corporate office in Rockville, MD. The Associate performs, coordinates and oversees business development and sales duties in support of WTS International. This role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy, social media management skills and attention to detail. Our ideal candidate is intelligent, articulate, professional and highly ambitious. This role offers exceptional opportunities for career growth and professional development. The Business Development Associate will be responsible for company growth by researching and identifying business opportunities and acquiring profitable new business and accounts for the company. Prior experience in the health, wellness and spa or leisure industry preferred but not required. Position allows for career advancement and an exceptional compensation package with commissions and incentives.
- Identifies potential business development opportunities in the hotel, resort and residential development markets both in the United States and internationally. Researches key contacts for owners/developers, architecture firms, and property management contracts.
- Communicates with business development leads and helps to procure new accounts, business or growth opportunities for WTS International.
- Represents WTS International with clients and new prospects, helps coordinate the gathering of information with other WTS International employees, assists in the development of proposals to clients.
- Able to meet or exceed sales goals established by company.
- Assists with RFP's responses and preparations (if required) of proposals to clients.
- Other duties as assigned that can assist WTS to expose our services to potential clients throughout the US and abroad.
- 3 - 5 years of prior business development and sales experience.
- B.A. degree in business, management, sales/marketing, recreation/leisure or a related field.
- Database management experience, preferably with Sales Force.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be extremely effective at initiating high-level contacts in accounts and have strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to pro-actively research new leads and contracts.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel, with a customer service focus.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently, identify and initiate projects, problem solve and produce results.
- Ability to follow up, track leads/contracts and work with the WTS team to assist in "closing" new business.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays as may be needed.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.