Bridal Hair and Makeup Specialist
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Bridal Hair and Makeup Specialist for the reopening of the Beach House Spa at Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster, MA, Cape Cod. The Bridal Hair and Makeup Specialist provides a wide range of hair care services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling. Hairstylists also sell beauty products. The Bridal Hair and Makeup Specialist is also responsible for providing beauty services, such as apply makeup, dress wigs, perform hair removal, and provide nail and skin care services if needed or licensed to do so.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
- Performs hair services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Understands all aspects of hair cutting to include precision cutting, razor, clipper, and thinning shears.
- Possesses proficient styling skills to include setting the hair on hot rollers, curling irons, Velcro rollers, etc.
- Creates stylish updos with techniques of extensions, braiding, platting, etc.
- Performs chemical services to include color, perms, and straightening techniques.
- Performs shampoo treatments and various scalp massage techniques.
- Begins and ends all appointments on time.
- Works assigned schedule.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director of product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous hair stylist experience preferred.
- Previous makeup application experience preferred.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- This position requires the following abilities: balancing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: scissors, blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, color products, brushes, combs, curlers, clips, foils, and bleach.
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, mist, fumes, odors, chemicals, and burns.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.