Barber at Ampersand Salon & Spa
Saranac Lake, NY
Saranac Lake, NY
Join our highly experienced, professional spa team at Hotel Saranac. We take pride in delivering an exceptional experience to each of our distinguished guests. The spa is managed by WTS International, one of the world's leading leisure, spa and fitness consulting and management firms. The Barber/Cosmetologist is responsible for providing beauty services, such as straight razor shaves, shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and massaging and treating the face and scalp. The Barber will report to the Spa Director and/or Asst. Spa Director or Spa Supervisor.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers' instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Analyze patrons' hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces with water, liquid soap, or other solutions.
- Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current licensing abilities as dictated by the state where the facility is located.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs supervisor of product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work
- Attends all scheduled meetings
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state or local level
- Valid state Barber License
- Preferred training or certification from hair styling or cosmetology school
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Previous hair styling experience preferred.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.