Audiovisual / IT Manager
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking an Audiovisual/IT Manager in Charlotte, NC. The Audiovisual/IT Manager is responsible for the delivery of audiovisual services within the Amenity Center, including videoconferencing, audio conferencing, PowerPoint presentations, etc. This includes responsibility for the working condition of equipment installed in those locations. The manager is also responsible to check all Meeting rooms prior to the start of each meeting and may at times assist with room/equipment set-ups involving complex requirements and/or tight deadlines. The manager works with clients to plan event and ensure the technology requirements are covered.
- Monitor documents and information provided by Planner in order to plan for upcoming audiovisual requirements.
- Work with client to plan AV requirements for meeting including special AV/IT needs and scheduling and coordination
- Consult with Planner regarding the best conference room assignments for various types and sizes of meetings, with an eye toward avoiding redundancies and controlling overtime through efficient space utilization.
- Handle videoconferences from the planning and rehearsal stages, to overseeing their execution during meetings held at the Conference Center. This includes videoconferences which may require the technician to coordinate with other AV technicians (as well as technicians from external companies) around the world, in setting up and testing videoconferences.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to deliver webcast and virtual meetings
- Assist clients with audio conferences as needed, setting up the appropriate equipment and being present to initiate and insure the success of such meetings.
- Facilitate PowerPoint and other PC projector presentations, downloading and testing presentation material in advance whenever feasible. Work as a liaison with client IT Department for assistance when complex and/or simultaneous multiple presentations are scheduled.
- Facilitate the audio-recording and/or filming of seminars, speeches, meetings, etc. upon request.
- Constantly monitor the working condition of the audiovisual equipment found in the meeting rooms, golf simulator, amenity space. Make necessary adjustments when possible and call for support from AV contractor when appropriate.
- Endure Meeting Room are clean, properly set up, fully stocked with supplies, and well-serviced throughout functions.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the AV/conference center fields, participating in formal training programs as required.
- Attend daily and weekly protocol meetings. Make recommendations, observations, and recap past events.
- Five years of audio visual/IT experience in a conference center or corporate environment.
- A genuine sense of hospitality, with a commitment to delivering the extraordinary service in all aspects of the position.
- Certifications a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle many tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office technology/equipment.
- Knowledge of the conference center reservation system
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
- Exceptional client service skills to exceed expectations
- Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details.
- Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Maintaining a consistently professional approach, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility both within and outside one's job domain.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.