Associate Health &Fitness Director for YMCA of Boulder Valley
YMCA of Boulder Valley
2800 Dagny Way
Lafayette, CO 80026
The Y's new Associate Health and Fitness Director will help oversee our growing health and fitness offerings, with a focus on day to day operations of the Health & Fitness program areas (i.e., Personal Training, Group Exercise, Active Older Adult (AOA), Wellness Floor and Fitness Consultations). This management-level position ensures that our programs and staff meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our strong-minded, strong-bodied membership and community. You will also work closely with the Executive Director to develop strategies to increase established revenue goals, member retention and engagement.
You might be the right candidate if...
You care. Like, really care. You want to make a positive difference in the lives of many. You are an organized problem-solver who has ideas and the skills to turn those ideas into realities. You have grace and gumption, strength and endurance (metaphorically speaking) and a whole lot of awesome. You are neither doormat nor dictator, and your happy demeanor and strong leadership skills allow you to supervise, teach, nurture and encourage our staff with a balance of empathy, accountability, role modeling and hands-on work.
1. Minimum age of 21.
2. One to two years related experience preferred.
3. Bachelor's degree in Health & Fitness or related field.
4. Requirements within 30 days of hire include: CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne
5. ACSM, NASM, CSCS, NSCA, AFAA or ACE national certifications are a plus.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Monitors daily operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve revenue goals.
3. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. This includes creating, implementing and scheduling health and wellness program and classes. Teaches classes as needed.
4. Purchases and maintains equipment, parts and supplies as needed. Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
5. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations.
6. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
7. Assists in the development and monitoring of program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
8. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
9. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints within 24 hours.
10. Assists with Program Committee meetings as needed.
11. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
12. Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events, including facility room reservations.
13. Other duties as assigned.
The YMCA of Boulder Valley is proud to offer a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, free Y membership and reduced fees on Y programming. Our YMCA contributes 10% to the Y Retirement Plan for qualified individuals.
We were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Boulder Valley, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
Application and resume review will begin immediately. Position is open until filled, preferred start date is early March. Please be sure to submit your resume as directed after you've completed the application at https://www.ymcabv.org/careers