Associate General Counsel
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking an Associate General Counsel for our corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD.
WTS International ("WTS" or the "Company") is a leading provider of design, consulting, and outsourced management services to spas, fitness centers, and wellness & lifestyle facilities for hospitality, residential, and corporate clients in the United States and abroad. WTS' customer base includes premier hotels, commercial fitness centers, and lifestyle communities including the Baccarat Hotel, the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, Brooklyn Sports Club, and Verdure Fitness, among others. In 2020, WTS acquired LifeStart, the nation's largest corporate fitness and amenity management services provider. Through each of its service offerings the Company strives to bring its customers and individual consumers a luxurious wellness experience which is complemented by its 48 years of industry experience.
WTS is currently expanding its team and is looking for hardworking and creative individuals who can assist the Company in the next phase of its growth in becoming the premier outsourced amenity services provider.
As an entrepreneurial firm, WTS celebrates out-of-the-box thinkers and self-starters. We believe in warm, direct, and genuine communications with our clients and with each other. Being nimble in our approach makes our work more fun and our customers happier. We are dedicated to our goals. The commitment we make to our work is the source of our pride and the foundation of our reputation.
Finally, we believe that diverse teams make innovation possible and that it is a business imperative to build a company reflecting the world we live in today. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
WTS' Private Equity Partner
CI Capital Partners LLC ("CI"), is a leading North American private equity firm, which has been investing in middle-market companies since 1993. CI forms partnerships with experienced management teams and entrepreneurs to build substantial businesses through add-on acquisitions, organic growth and operational improvements. As a long-term investor, CI and its portfolio companies have made over 345 acquisitions representing over $10 billion in enterprise value.
The general duties of the Associate General Counsel for our Corporate headquarters are to assist our General Counsel in the management of the day-to-day legal affairs of the company. The position works in conjunction with all WTS departments to sign new clients, manage operations, develop company policy, minimize risk, maintain regulatory compliance, and counsel senior leadership.
- Regulatory affairs and compliance: ensuring complete compliance with the regulatory and licensure requirements imposed upon our industry. Researching relevant state and local laws and regulations, timely applying for and renew applicable licenses, and keeping informed of emerging or evolving legislation, regulations, and legal trends which may impact WTS operations.
- Risk management: developing effective operational risk mitigation policies and practices. Evaluating site-level incidents to advise on resolutions.
- Employment law: providing counsel to Operations Directors and site-level Directors on compliance with employment law. Authoring policies and developing protocols to systematically facilitate and maintain this compliance. Intervening on emerging site-level issues and advising on disciplinary action to avoid litigation.
- Contracts: Drafting, negotiating, and enforcing a wide variety of contracts, including management agreements, independent contractor agreements, membership agreements, waivers and releases, licensing agreements, and the like.
- Corporate governance: drafting corporate-level policies and best practices informed by legal research. Interfacing with company executives in high-level steering and advisory meetings.
- Litigation supervision: directing outside counsel towards favorable outcomes in personal injury and employment law litigation. Preparing formal responses to the EEOC and related state agencies on pending claims.
- Legal research: preparing memoranda and reports for the General Counsel.
This position will be based out of our corporate office in Rockville, MD.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.