Village Health Clubs and Spas is looking for an Assistant Tennis/Pickleball Professional to join our winning team!
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Assistant Tennis Professional is responsible for assisting in professionals’ group lessons, junior tennis programs and camps. Assistants may also be able to provide hitting sessions and or play as a hitter in a lesson with a professional.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Assist Tennis Professionals in teaching group Tennis lessons private lessons (as applicable to the club)
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Participate in and help promote programs, mixers, tournaments, round robins and other social competitive events
• Be able to provide hitting sessions for members or be a hitter in a professionals lesson
• High level of competitive tennis playing, ideally at a college level
• Able to feed balls and provide basic instruction
• Customer service focused attitude
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Must be able to successfully pass a background check
• Industry experience working in tennis club environment
• Experience teaching tennis
• Collegiate tennis playing experience