The Karishim Swim Club (KASC) of the JCC Greater Boston is looking for an Assistant Swim Coach. This position will play an important role in the JCC Greater Boston community, assuring program excellence and encouraging program expansion. JCC Greater Boston is a lively, inviting place to work where there is a strong sense of teamwork and rewarding meaningful work. This full-time position is in Newton, Massachusetts
JCC Greater Boston is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs, or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston’s core values — Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration, and Transformation — which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
The starting salary for this position is $25-$30/hr. The salary offered will ultimately be determined by the hours the employee will work, the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
In addition to a rewarding position where you care for a community, the JCC Greater Boston provides excellent benefits including:
· competitive salary
· health care benefits
· outstanding working environment including free parking
· a free membership to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering virtual and in person programs including indoor swimming, many fitness classes and workout facilities as well as discounts to many JCCGB events, classes, outdoor pool and more
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization with roots in earlier Settlement Houses and Young Men’s Hebrew Associations; JCC Greater Boston today offers a wide range of services and program activities throughout the Greater Boston region (~50,000 individuals annually in 98 communities). The organization provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including preschools, day camps, a regional model of Jewish family engagement, a fully equipped fitness and aquatic center, arts and culture classes, performances, lectures, and Jewish holiday celebrations.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as a whole
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff, children, and program participants very seriously. On an ongoing basis, we align our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. In response to current local public health situations, our practices have previously included, and in the future may include, ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, vaccination requirements, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a wonderful community and a great team, please send a cover letter and your resume to Head Coach Lauren Gale at Karishim@jccgb.org
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the KASC family!