Assistant Spa Manager
Join our amazing team of spa professionals at a 4-star property in Boston, MA! SPA InterContinental at the InterContinental Boston, managed by WTS International, one of the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure management firms, is seeking an Assistant Spa Manager for Boston, Massachusetts.
The Assistant Spa Manager, under the direction of the Spa Director, will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the facility including: implementing marketing and sales strategic plans; training and scheduling staff; facility management and maintenance; supervising the staff in front of house operations, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained; using the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Supervises effective daily operations including opening and closing procedures, facility inspections, cash handling procedures, and general facility maintenance.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures with a specific focus on guest service and front desk roles, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Assists in the development, through use of a template, of weekly and monthly management reports outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation. Also reports any current or future concerns to the Spa Director.
- Assists in developing monthly client reports.
- Assists with payroll an HR duties, submitting all paperwork and financial reporting, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Assists in the development and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department personnel and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in the implementation of proper inventory and purchasing procedures. Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Assists in the creation and development of team members to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands. Coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Assist in the maintenance of a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures that all staff members are implementing BTE.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Helps ensure appropriate facility supervisory coverage by participating in the Manager on Duty (MOD) program.
- Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Helps to supervise and follow up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner. Develops group participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, programs, and any expenditures.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the General Manager and WTS International corporate office.
- Reviews weekly reports for retail and services.
- Submits finalized PO's to Director with recommendations and justifications.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year supervisor experience in a spa.
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to build rapport with members or guests.
- Must be well organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Creative in marketing and promotion, sales oriented.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to show initiative and make decisions.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.
- This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: seeing, hearing and talking.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculator, fax machine, copier.
- This position may require exposure to chemical hazards.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.