Assistant Spa Director
Oxon Hill, MD
Oxon Hill, MD
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking an Assistant Spa Director for Relache Spa & Salon at Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Oxon Hill, MD!. The Assistant Spa Director will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the facility including: implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, training and scheduling staff, processing payroll, sales and marketing of memberships (if applicable), facility management and maintenance, supervising the staff in each area of the facility, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained, and using the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures the "Arch Amenities Group Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards. Ensures that all staff members are implementing BTE.
- Adheres to policies of Arch Amenities Group.
- Supervises effective daily operations including opening and closing procedures, facility inspections, cash handling procedures, and general facility maintenance.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all spa services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Assists in the development, through use of a template, of weekly and monthly management reports outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
- Reports any current or future concerns to the Spa Director.
- Assists in developing monthly client reports.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including HR and payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Assists in the development and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department personnel and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in the implementation of proper inventory and purchasing procedures. Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Assists in the creation of a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands. Assesses all department and/or facility employee progress continually, coaches employees fairly and consistently with positive reinforcement and disciplines, participates in annual performance evaluations, and assists in the termination process when necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Helps ensure appropriate facility supervisory coverage by participating in the Manager on Duty (MOD) program.
- Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Helps to supervise and follow up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner. Develops group participation and recruitment plans, outlining in detail all promotions, programs, and expenditures.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Spa Director and WTS International corporate office.
- Reviews weekly reports for retail and services.
- Submits finalized purchase orders to Spa Director with recommendations and justifications.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility when applicable.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in a spa
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to build rapport with members and/or guests.
- Must be well organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Creative in marketing and promotion.
- Sales oriented.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to show initiative and make decisions.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the spa environment.
- Must be proficient with spa software (Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculators, office supplies, phone, paperwork, protocol binders, retail inventory, all spa equipment, hot cabbies, paraffin heaters, steamers, microcurrent machines, fitness equipment, and treatment products.
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, extreme temperatures, wet or humid environments, burns, fumes, odors, dust, mists, mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.