Assistant Spa Director
Palm Desert, CA
Palm Desert, CA
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking an Assistant Spa Director in Palm Desert, CA. The Assistant Spa Director, under the direction of the Fitness & Spa Director, will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the spa and fitness facilities including: implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, sales and marketing of memberships, facility management and maintenance, training and scheduling staff, supervising the staff in each area of the spa and fitness centers, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained, uses the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations. Ideal candidate will have massage or esthetics license.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and/or facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Assesses all department and/or facility employees' progress continually,coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently, participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards. Ensures that all staff members are implementing BTE.
- Develops group participation and recruitment plans, outlining in detail all promotions, programs, and expenditures.
- Provide limited services as a Group Exercise Instructor, Personal Trainer or service provider (see specific job descriptions for job requirements)
- Makes monthly Front Desk schedule and resolve scheduling conflicts as they arise. Covers front desk shifts as the need arises.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Conducts new user orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
- Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Conducts personal fitness evaluations and program orientations according to WTS International standards and procedures.
- Sets monthly goals for personal training revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks personal training.
Ensures all employees are current in appropriate certifications
- Maintains quality control of all programs - WTS International systems, personal training, and group exercise.
- Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
- Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the WTS International Operations Director.
Reviews and discusses any client suggestions with the Operations Director.
- Additional duties as assigned
- College degree in Hospitality or related field preferred
- Massage or Esthetics license required
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a health or spa facility setting
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
- Must be able to lift 45-pound
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sales oriented
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
WTS International is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.