Assistant General Manager
Arch Amenities Group
Denver, CO 80246
Pay Range $55,000 to $65,000
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness, and leisure firm, seeks an Assistant General Manager. As the Assistant General Manager of Fitness and Aquatics at Arch Amenities Group, your role will be crucial in overseeing the club's day-to-day operations and ensuring the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Membership Sales: Work closely with the membership sales team to drive new membership sales and retain existing members. Develop and implement effective sales strategies and promotional campaigns. Monitor sales performance and guide to achieve targets.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with General Manager and other key stakeholders to develop and execute strategic plans for the fitness and aquatics departments. Identify opportunities for program growth, membership sales, and revenue generation. Analyze market trends and competitor activities to stay ahead in the industry.
- Operational Management: Assist in managing the club's overall operations, including fitness and aquatics. This involves coordinating staff schedules, ensuring proper staffing levels, overseeing facility maintenance, and ensuring company policies and procedures adherence.
- Customer Service: Maintain a strong focus on providing exceptional customer service to club members: address member inquiries, concerns, and feedback promptly and professionally. Implement strategies to enhance member satisfaction and retention.
- Employee Management: Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training fitness and aquatics staff. Provide ongoing coaching, support, and performance feedback to ensure a high-performing team. Foster a positive and inclusive work environment that encourages teamwork and professional growth.
- Desk Operations: Oversee front desk operations, including member check-ins, scheduling of fitness classes and aquatic activities, and membership inquiries. Ensure a smooth and efficient process for members and staff.
- Program Development: Collaborate with the fitness and aquatics team to develop innovative and engaging programs that meet the needs and preferences of the members. Monitor program effectiveness and make adjustments as necessary to drive participation and member satisfaction.
Overall, your role as the Assistant General Manager of Fitness and Aquatics will involve a combination of operational management, customer service focus, strategic planning, and team leadership. By effectively managing these areas, you will contribute to the club's success and ensure a positive experience for both employees and members.
- Supervisory Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory role within a health facility setting.
- Fitness and CPR/First Aid Certifications: Preferred certifications in fitness-related areas and CPR/First Aid from a nationally recognized organization.
- Membership Marketing, Sales, and Retention: Prior experience in membership marketing, sales, and retention, preferably in a health facility setting.
- Strong Customer Service Skills: Possess excellent customer service skills to provide a positive experience for members.
- Professionalism: Maintain a professional manner, discretion, and appearance at all times.
- Leadership Skills and Work Ethic: Demonstrate effective leadership and a strong work ethic.
- Creativity: Exhibit creativity, particularly in the areas of marketing and promotion.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to write legibly and clearly to convey information.
- Organization and Multitasking: Efficiently organize and handle various duties simultaneously.
- Motivational and Energetic: Display an energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational attitude.
- Team Player: Work well and collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Composure under Pressure: Maintaining a calm demeanor when facing pressure or challenging situations.
- Initiative and Decision-Making: Show initiative and the ability to make decisions when required.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in relevant computer skills and office equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree: A bachelor's degree in health, fitness, or business management field is preferred.
- Availability: Flexibility to work during the facility's operating hours, including weekends, holidays, mornings, and evenings.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to stand for long periods, exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and perform light physical tasks such as balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, and grasping.
- Visual and Hearing Abilities: Good visual acuity and hearing to perform job duties effectively.
- Equipment Operation: Ability to operate various tools, including computers, calculators, fax machines, and copiers.
- Environmental Factors: Potential exposure to noise and mechanical hazards.
- Lifting Capability: Occasional lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds may be required.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to having a diverse workforce.