Assistant General Manager (AGM) - CACB - Boulder, CO
Boulder, CO 80301
Colorado Athletic Club - Boulder
A Wellbridge Company
We are looking for an Assistant General Manager!
Who we are:
Colorado Athletic Club is Boulder’s leading upscale athletic, aquatics, tennis and family fitness club with 7 convenient locations across Colorado’s Front Range. Our club supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What our Assistant General Managers are all about:
Our AGM’s have high standards in leadership, ethics, service and image. They assist in the management of day-to-day club operations while ensuring the delivery of superior customer service and the achievement of high employee and member satisfaction.
Our AGM’s demonstrate a positive attitude and are highly developed in team-building efforts. They take pride in leading by example, training, motivating and developing direct reports to be a productive and team-oriented. They are strategic in the implementation and execution of company standards and initiatives.
Some primary responsibilities include:
What you’re all about:
- Assisting the General Manager in the oversight of club operations, business and performance objectives.
- Manage the financial performance of multiple departments through achievement of sales and revenue targets, expense management, and proper planning and forecasting.
- Constantly monitor the level and quality of service through frequent customer interaction and club walk-throughs.
- Ensure all managed departments are properly trained and certified in emergency response. Systems, first aid and CPR.
- Routinely inspect the physical plant, equipment, surrounding property areas and operating club to ensure proper preventative and routine maintenance mechanisms and systems are in place to protect the membership and employees of the club.
- Ensure the club meets all applicable safety protocols.
Why we’re a great company to join!
- An enthusiastic and professional demeanor with the ability to provide effective leadership/management of multiple departments.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED); a Bachelor’s degree in business or fitness related field from a four year college or University is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of supervisory or management experience in the fitness, spa, hotel or hospitality industry; experience in a health club environment in operations, fitness or sales is preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification or a willingness to complete this upon hire.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and financial analysis.
- A high degree of self-organization, discipline and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all layers of management.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- You’ll enjoy a complementary membership!
- We have state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- We care about our employees and provide a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life, AD&D and Voluntary Insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- And much, much more!
Wellbridge owns and operates 7 unique brands of full-service, premiere athletic and tennis clubs in the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 19 locations spanning 7 states. We proudly employ more than 3,000 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 37,000 members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.