Assistant Fitness Manager
Foster City, CA
Foster City, CA
Role and Responsibilities
The Assistant Fitness Manager is responsible for assisting with the overseeing of the fitness operations and providing onsite leadership for the Personal Trainers and Fitness Staff. This person actively promotes sales and purchases of personal training thereby assisting Active Wellness with member satisfaction and retention. The Assistant Fitness Manager assists with meeting the budgeted department goal on programming sales. The Assistant Fitness Manager is also responsible for all matters pertaining to equipment and safety on the fitness floor.
- Meet monthly and yearly revenue goals through the development of fitness programming.
- Track individual daily fitness professional goals and complete payroll for Fitness Team.
- Match fitness professionals with new clients.
- Manage the MindBody System as it relates to the Fitness Team.
- Manage the new member BeWell evaluation process.
- Support and assist managing team members; assist with interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching all staff to hit monthly and yearly goals.
- Manage member questions, comments and concerns on a daily basis and provide mediation between members/staff, members/members and staff/staff. Work with fitness and housekeeping teams to ensure fitness floor cleanliness.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor, racking weights. Includes picking up loose towels, water bottles, magazines, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Perform fitness assessments (movement and posture assessments, blood pressure checks, body composition tests) as requested by members.
- Assist Fitness Manager in creating yearly budgets
- Attend weekly department head meetings, individual meetings, company fitness meetings and required trainings
- Participate in the MOD program
- Complete and follow up on facility work orders
- Conduct quarterly fitness staff meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2 yr. management experience in fitness industry. Active Wellness employment a plus.
- Hold a nationally accredited Personal Training certification
- Communication skills, customer service oriented, bottom-line oriented, experience in selling personal training and leading a team. Outlook, Excel and Microsoft programs
- Supervisory responsibility, if any: Personal Trainers, Aquatic Instructors, Nutritional Counselors, Sports Instructors
- 4 year college degree in fitness related field preferred
- CPR/First Aid/AED & Personal Training Certified
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions
- Ability to lift 45 lbs.
- Fitness club environment.
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
$17 hourly (base) + $35 - $40 hourly (Personal Training DOE) + Commission
This position is currently accepting applications.