Assistant Fitness Director
The Assistant Fitness Director, under the direction of the Fitness Director, will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the facility including: implementing marketing and sales strategic plans, training and scheduling staff; processing payroll; sales and marketing of memberships; facility management and maintenance, supervising the staff, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained, using the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
• Assists in developing a comprehensive standard facility operation's manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Helps to supervise and follow up on guest requests and comments.
• Assists in the recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of all facility staff.
• Assists in developing the staffing schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
• Supervises effective daily operations including opening and closing procedures, facility inspections, cash handling procedures, and general facility maintenance.
• Assists in developing monthly client reports.
• Implements proper inventory and purchasing procedures.
• Implements monthly promotions and sales strategies as outlined in the marketing plan.
• Ensures that all staff are implementing the WTS International Basics-To-Excellence program
• Additional duties as assigned
• College degree or comparable work experience
• Experience in fitness management
• National Personal Training Certification
• CPR/First-Aid Certified
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Creative in marketing and promotion, sales oriented
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.