Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Masters Degree in related field. Preferred
Red Cross CPR. Required
Standard First Aid Training Certification. Required
Current Lifeguarding certification. Required
Lifeguard Instructor certification. Required
Current Title 22 certification. Required
Current Title 22 Instructor certification. Required
Supervisory experience. Preferred
6 - 10 years of related experience. Required
Special Condition Requirement
Ability to successfully pass FBI and DOJ Criminal Check. Required
Shift Work (hours outside standard Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM work hours) Required
Travel Outside of Normal Business Hours Required
Occasional travel for university related business meetings, conferences and/or professional development. Required
Some night and weekend shifts dependent on programmtic activities/events and in-service trainings. Required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Demonstrated ability to incorporate key program information for inclusion in web-based and other marketing materials.
Skills to deliver highly effective service orientation, program management, and make sound judgments decisions; able to use critical thinking skills to develop original and creative problem solving ideas in a varied and challenging environment.
Advanced proficiency in the use of computer applications relevant to job duties.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization.
Advanced knowledge of program activity and best practices. Demonstrated ability to analyze and improve programs and processes as needed.
Demonstrates advanced client service leadership, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking skills to resolve non-standard issues.
Advanced knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
• UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
• UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
• UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
• Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
• Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
• UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.