Assistant Bistro Manager
Sun City Center, FL
Sun City Center, FL
The Assistant Bistro Manager / Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the cafe including: establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals; implementing training and scheduling staff; facility management and maintenance; supervising the café staff, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained; using the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Work to enhance resident/guest experience.
- Implement quality guest service to residents and customers utilizing the Café.
- Follow all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions; all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for ringing up customer's items into CSI and ensuring customer signs the receipt.
- Follow all necessary steps in POS system to ensure proper billing procedures.
- Initiate telephone calls to place orders for Café to appropriate vendors, when necessary.
- Implement standards for food preparation and executions.
- Train staff on most effective and efficient ways to handle food.
- Inform Café Manager of any needs for the Café and suggest any changes necessary based on customer feedback, sales, industry trends, as well as own expertise.
- Responsible for working major catering and other special events. This includes preparation for the event, set-up and break down as well as follow-up with customers.
- Tracks sales from both GL homes and other customer's and monitors target revenue on a daily basis.
- Create new, innovative menu items tailored towards the needs and likings of our customers.
- Make recommendations for special events which include dinners, programs, and other misc. events.
- Responsible for keeping inventory list and maintaining current, up to date information regarding inventory for the Café and communicate the information to the Café Manager.
- Maintain a log containing updates and notes regarding concerns, comments, and any other feedback to be shared with Club Manager and other café attendants in order to ensure thorough communication.
- Assist in developing and implementing additional up selling strategies to bring forth an increase in revenue.
- Responsible for understanding the rules and guidelines for food and beverage safety standards and regulations.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe food and beverage area in the kitchen and in resident/customer areas at all times.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or directed.
- Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication and good rapport with residents and those whom utilize the entire Valencia Lakes facility and Café.
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves the right to revise the job or may require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. (E.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
- • Minimum 2-year experience working in a café-style environment
• Supervisory experience in a restaurant setting preferred
• Prior Sous Chef experience preferred
- • Legal Age to serve alcoholic beverages
• Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations or HACCP
• Ability to obtain CPR with AED, and Food Safety Manager certifications within 60 days of hire
• High standard of personal hygiene
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent and proven people skills
• Experience with computer word processing and data processing programs
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
• Ability to build a team
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.