Assistant Aquatics Director
WTS International, a spa/fitness/lifestyle consulting firm, is collaborating with the Brooklyn Sports Club in order to staff their facility in Brooklyn, NYC. Those who apply for this position will be offered employment through Brooklyn Sports Club.
The Assistant Aquatics Director, under the direction of the Aquatics Director, will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the aquatics department; implementing policies and strategic plans for pool usage and staff management; pool and marina management and maintenance; training and supervision of staff; ensuring the highest levels of member satisfaction; and possess the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed member expectations
- Maintains all chemical records, daily cleaning and safety checklists
- Plan and run quarterly in-service trainings
- Secures substitutes and fills holes in lifeguard schedule
- Balances pool chemicals to meet mandated levels/standards.
- Submits incident reports in a timely matter.
- Train new lifeguards, pool operators and other team members within the aquatics department.
- Manage the lifeguards, pool operators and aquatic staff to ensure that all team members are utilized to the fullest or send extra guards/staff home while still maintaining expectations for safety.
- Ensures Aquatics Team Members provide a clean, safe, and friendly environment for the Members.
- Provides exceptional customer service and meets Basics-To-Excellence standards.
- Assists in responding to Member inquiries regarding programs, products, services, policies, and procedures in a professional and timely manner.
- Assists in creating a fun & safe aquatics environment.
- Assists in registering Members for group as well as private swim lessons and programming.
- Assist with payroll and back office work as needed.
- Any other task and/or duty assigned by the Aquatics Director, Assistant General Manager and/or the Assistant General Manager as deemed necessary.
- Assist with functions and tasks associated with special events.
- Lifeguards for at least 15 hours per week.
- Ensures all staff certifications are current in the department.
- Assists in managing & supporting all Aquatics Department Team Members.
Completes lifeguard audits and scanning drills
- Acts as Manager-On-Duty shifts when needed.
• 3+ years experience as a lifeguard
• Manages the lifeguard staff to ensure that all resources are used efficiently.
• Ensures Aquatics Team Members provide a safe and friendly environment for the Members.
• Leads the lifeguard staff in upholding WTS International, Inc. service standards.
• Valid American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First-Aid certified
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Certified Pool Operator
• Able to lift 45lbs
• Able to sit or stand for entire shift
• Able to work independently
Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The employee may be required to push, pull, and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification preferred
• Certified Pool Operator Trainer preferred
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.