St. Peters, MO
The Edge Fitness Clubs
St. Peters, MO 63376
Area Director, The Edge Fitness Clubs
The Edge Fitness Club's Area Director is responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of the clubs, including profitability, asset management, accounting compliance, member satisfaction, sales, personnel training and employee development. He or she ensures the fiscal effectiveness of all profit centers and provides leadership to accomplish overall departmental objectives. Our Area Director will work hand in hand with their General Manager team to guarantee operational excellence company-wide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Financial Performance & Sales:
- Accountable for the daily, monthly and yearly financial performance of the clubs while driving revenues and managing expenses.
- Participates with the Senior Leadership Team to build the annual forecast.
- Oversees the Sales Manager and Membership Department in each club to ensure that the KPI's are met.
- Works in collaboration with each club's sales department to ensure the club is meeting or exceeding the daily, monthly and yearly membership forecast.
- Oversees each club's Fitness Manager and Fitness Department to ensure that the KPI's are met.
- Works in collaboration with the Personal Training Department in each club to ensure the club is meeting or exceeding the daily, monthly and yearly personal training forecast.
- Ensures that each club's ancillary departments are achieving or exceeding revenue targets by providing the guidance and direction the team needs to effectively hit these goals.
- Help prepare each club's success on a daily basis by putting a plan and effectively communicating that plan to the team on how to reach the daily goals.
- Reviews the biweekly club's payroll to look at budget vs. actual.
- Participate with Senior Leadership to creating strategies to ensure the clubs are hitting their targets
Team & People Management:
- Maintains managerial oversight of all General Managers and communicates regularly with department heads regarding the performance of each department.
- Understands the company's Mission Statement, core values and overall culture of the business, leading by example and holding all employees accountable to The spirit of The Edge.
- Works closely with The Director of Operations on making the decision to hire and staff all General Managers.
- Recruitment, interview and help make the decision to hire new General Managers into the company.
- Work with the Director of Operations to authorizes and approve all GM staffing changes including new hires, promotions and terminations.
- Ensure each club staffed properly to hit their goals while staying within the parameters of the payroll budgets.
- Effectively manage and communicate Policies and Procedures and make sure they are being uniformly enforced companywide.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace that fosters constant and never-ending improvement.
- Provides the time to coach, train and develop each staff member's sales and customer service skills through practice and training.
- Provides feedback and positive reinforcement on a regular basis to General Manager Team to encourage and motivate staff.
- Arranges meetings with underperforming General Managers to provide a coaching session and a performance improvement plan.
- Ensures the General Manager meets with the Fitness Manager daily to strategize on how to get the personal training department to goal. Takes the time to coach and teach the General Manager.
- Ensures the General Manager meets with the Personal Trainers on a daily basis to make a plan on how each individual trainer is going to get to oals.to ding goal each month.
- Ensures each club holds a production meeting daily with the membership department to manage the KPI's of that department.
- Participates in weekly General Manager calls or meetings with corporate staff to present their club's performance and overview of the current club status.
- Corresponds daily with the department heads about the state of the state, communicating any needs or concerns.
- Conducts reviews of the General Manager with the help of the Director of Operations.
- Personally conducts club walk throughs to ensure that the equipment, locker rooms and overall facility maintenance are meeting Edge standards and is promoting our brand.
- Communicate with the Facilities Director to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the clubs is meeting or exceeding company standards.
- Ensures that all club marketing and materials are accurate and up to date.
- Audit the inventory of the club to ensure all coolers and shake bar are stocked and takes measures to manage loss.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and maintaining relationships with the customers to ensure their experience.
- Carry and conduct themselves as if they are the owner of the business at all times.
- Ensure the General Managers are committed to delivering excellent member service and they operate as the "mayor" of the club by greeting members by name, walking the floor to shake hands and build rapport.
- Educates and enforces new club policies and procedures and ensures consistency.
- Responds quickly to employee and member issues and complaints in a timely and courteous fashion.
Education & Experience:
- A University degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 3 Years of leadership and people management of large cross-functional teams including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams to achieve goals and objectives in a consumer-facing service oriented environment.
- Related industry experience required.
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (Full Time employees only)
- Employee discounts
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Sales Strategy Development: Quantifies and prioritizes available opportunities for achieving sales performance objectives. Identifies future sales-related trends, creates clear action plans for achieving results and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer's needs.
Accountability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behaviour on others.
Initiative: Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them.
Negotiation Skills: Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance.
Safety: Places high value on workplace safety of self and others; maintains a clean environment. Identifies potential hazards and pursues corrective actions; follows established safety policies and procedures.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Coaching Skills: Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry.
Continuous Improvement: Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impacts.
Managing Change: Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities, facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. The ability to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk.
Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Conflict Management: Prevents, manages, and/or resolves conflict.
Inspires Vision: Articulates a clear image of the future or sense of purpose and inspire others to believe and work towards it.
Influencing Others: Gains others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
Forward Thinking: Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought "we want to be #2 today". NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: "People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care." From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a "do whatever it takes attitude" to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is "how can I help you not what can I sell you".
"If it is to be, it is up to me." Our employees project a winner's mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other's successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!