WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking an Aquatics Specialist for Wesley Chapel, FL. The Aquatics Specialist requires a minimum of one-year experience in an aquatics related management position as well as certification as lifeguard or certified pool operator. CPO preferred.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS operations template.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the General Manager and WTS Corporate Operations Director.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, when applicable, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate department maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products. Orders all lagoon supplies.
• Maintains lagoon filtration system, including but not limited to: troubleshooting pumps, filters, circulating system, chemical feeders, sanitation equipment, and providing minor repair and/or replacement as needed.
• Maintain lagoon systems, chemical balance, flow, pressures and sanitation in accordance with manufactures recommendations and/or any local, state, or federal standards and requirements.
• Maintain lagoon cleanliness through daily, weekly, monthly, cleaning schedules including brushing, skimming, vacuuming, automated cleaners, as other needs as required to provide a safe and clean environment for guests.
• Assesses all department employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on department's guest requests and comments.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Develops annual budget for lagoon operations and ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Maintains licenses and verifies that all employees have current certifications as required.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Minimum of one-year experience in an aquatics related management position.
• Certified as a lifeguard, pool operator, CPR, and First Aid. (WSI and/or LGI certification preferred).
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.