The Aquatics Manager maintains high standards of customer service for the aquatics staff, delivering beyond our member's expectations. This person effectively manages all aquatics staff, programs and facilities to maximize participation, member retention, site profitability and new member recruiting.
- Recruit, train, and develop the aquatics team
- Set schedule for aquatics team and be responsible for maintaining staff coverage
- Create, develop, implement and supervise all aquatic programming
- Conduct instruction evaluations and coach instructors
- Respond to member comments, feedback, concerns including comment cards
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Work as a TEAM with all other departments
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Uphold Active Wellness written policies and procedures
- Enforce policies fairly and consistently
- Attend Active Wellness site meetings, headquarters meetings, trainings and retreats
- Assist in managing site Operational Standards of Excellence (OSE)
- Handle injury and illness and security incident reporting
- Conduct aquatic staff operational and safety meetings
- Prepare an annual budget for the Aquatics department
- Review, verify, and be accountable for all aquatic staff payroll submissions
- Submits purchase orders or expense reports for any and all departmental purchases according to established club guidelines
- Develop, implement, and supervise preventative maintenance programs
- Ensure all Aquatics staff members maintain appropriate certifications/licenses/permits as required by their role
- Maintain documentation of in-service training, accident reports, lifeguard certifications, incident reports, maintenance records, and pool tests
- Inspect all facilities and equipment related to the operation of the Aquatic department
- Assist the Membership Sales Representatives as needed with membership tours
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 4-year college degree in exercise science or fitness related field preferred
- Two years management experience in fitness industry, three years Aquatics experience
- Must be detail oriented, organized and highly responsive with a commitment to customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic accounting skills, customer service skills, results oriented, basic computer skills, ability to multi-task, and commitment to the fitness industry
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
- National Aquatics Instructor Certification(s) required (see approved Certification, Licenses and Permits list) including, but not limited to, Lifeguard Training Certified, Lifeguard Training Instructor Certified, Water Safety Instructor Certified
Physical and Working Conditions
- Ability to take the responsibility for the health and safety of others
- Ability to stand for several hours in a same shift; ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Fitness club environment.
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
$18 - $20 hourly (DOE)
This position is currently accepting applications.