Aquatics Manager - Midtown - Albuquerque, NM
Albuquerque, NM 87110
New Mexico Sports & Wellness – Midtown
Part-time, Weekdays & Weekends
We are looking for an Aquatics Manager!
Who are we?
New Mexico Sports & Wellness is Albuquerque's leading upscale athletic, aquatics, tennis, and family fitness club, with 5 convenient locations. Our clubs support the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What does an Aquatics Manager do for New Mexico Sports & Wellness?
Our Aquatics Managers are committed to the overall safety of our club members while they are using our pools. They ensure pool operations run smoothly by overseeing all staff, pool maintenance, and maintain balanced pool chemicals throughout the day.
Aquatics Managers have a highly professional demeanor and know how to keep calm in an emergency situation. They hire, train and lead our lifeguard staff while making sure all certifications remain up-to-date. These managers take extreme pride in enforcing pool policies while ensuring a high level of customer service to keep everyone safe and happy while they swim.
What you bring to the table:
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment:
- You are an efficient multi-tasker who genuinely enjoys the high demands of a leadership role in an aquatic environment.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and working knowledge of pool chemical systems and mechanical standards.
- You are confident in your ability to troubleshoot and repair pool related equipment.
- You have at least one year of pool supervisory experience (2 years is preferred) and are no stranger to directing pool-related activities such as swim team and swim lessons.
- You are comfortable supervising both pool staff and patrons to ensure safety.
- You understand the importance of aquatics administration and are comfortable ordering and stocking pool supplies and chemicals; assisting in the yearly budget process, completing employee evaluations, and attending regularly scheduled meetings, etc.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ideally, you are CPR and AED certified however we are happy to train you in that area if necessary.
Why you want to work for us:
- You are regularly required to sit, swim, walk, use hands, fingers, talk or hear.
- You will frequently lift approximately 25 pounds or more for long distances (greater than 20 feet).
- While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- You are frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions.
- You are occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- We enjoy sharing our clubs with our employees for FREE!
- We provide in-house training to fulfill your CPR certification requirements.
- We have state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- And much, much more!