Fort Collins, CO
Genesis Health Clubs
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Expected Results: In Support of the Genesis Intentional Culture
1. Purpose: The Group Exercise Instructor (GEI) supports the Group Exercise Department in accordance with the Genesis Purpose, treating staff as family and working diligently to help people take charge of their health!
2. Mission: The GEI ensures the Genesis Mission is executed to the fullest extent within the club, fulfilling the commitment we make to members regarding the quality of their club experience and our ownership of their health and fitness results.
3. Values: The GEI behaves in accordance with the Genesis Values, setting the bar for the standards and principles of behavior that are essential to fulfilling the company’s Purpose and executing its Mission.
4. Tools: The GEI uses the Genesis Awareness, Communication, and Conflict Resolution Tools to facilitate effective operations throughout the club.
5. Brand Absolutes: The GEI models and reinforces all five Genesis Brand Absolutes for the team, supporting and building a positive reputation of the Genesis Brand in the community.
Expected Results: In Support of Department Performance & Member Experience
· Promote the Group Exercise Program and classes. Examples includes posting on social media, handing out free guest passes, and interacting with members throughout the club.
· Work to grow Group Exercise aquatics classes and meet class average targets.
· Create a positive and inclusive community environment where all members feel welcome to participate.
· Provide high quality workouts.
· Lead members in a group environment through safe and effective aquatics classes.
· Pursue continuing education opportunities to improve knowledge and implement current industry standards for effective workouts.
· Follow the expectations and guidelines of the class format.
· Always be on time, arriving early enough to set up equipment and help new participants.
· Appearance and actions must always be professional, inside and outside the studio.
· Ensure all aquatics equipment is put away following class.
· Work and communicate effectively with other staff as part of the Genesis team.
· Instructors are required to find a sub if they are not able to teach a class.
· Attend and participate in all department team meetings, individual performance evaluations, and compensation reviews as scheduled.
Position Qualifications and Requirements Qualifications – Group Exercise Instructor
· Genuine passion for the health and fitness industry
· Desire to connect with members, providing a positive impact to their physical fitness
· Skills and knowledge to provide quality classes
· Active CPR/AED Certification
· Current nationally recognized certification based on formats taught
· Effective communication, conflict resolution, and team building skills
Requirements – Group Exercise Instructor
· Throughout employment, maintain current CPR/AED Certification and format certifications based on the classes taught
· This position requires physical exertion and instructors must be able to physically perform the exercises included in the classes they teach
· Reliable transportation to and from work
· Hours are varied, as classes are offered throughout the day, seven days per week
- Individual membership valid at any Genesis Health Club
- Childcare provided while teaching
- Discounts on services and products in Genesis clubs
Compensación: $20.00 - $35.00 per hour
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 60 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Genesis Health Clubs also operates many other brands in the fitness and family entertainment spaces including Trampoline Parks, Water Parks, Ice Skating Facilities, Meal Prep Services, Baseball Tournament Facilities, and much more.