Arch Amenities Group, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, and VERDURE are seeking Aquatics Instructors in Amarillo, TX. VERDURE is Amarillo's premier and only fitness and leisure destination.The Swim Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction for all levels of American Red Cross swim lessons to participants of all ages.
- Ensures the "Arch Amenities Group Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basic to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of Arch Amenities Group. Effectively teach all levels of swim instruction, possessing full knowledge of the skills at each level.
- Effectively communicate with parents the appropriate class enrollment level for all children.
- Maintain familiarity with the registration process and current class schedules.
- Prepare report cards upon completion of the course.
- Be knowledgeable on all aquatic information and programming.
- Complete records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years of agePrefer at least 3 months of previous teaching experience.V
- alid American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Valid American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification.
- Experience teaching all ages and all swim levels.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
- Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting and productive environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations
- Ability to prepare routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Physical Requirements/Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Availability when facility is Open: This will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position required that the Lifeguard be able to swim well enough to maintain current American Red Cross standards and in physical shape to perform lifeguarding duties.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to a negligible pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- This position requires the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: seeing, hearing and talking.
- This position may require exposure to chemical hazards.
- This position may require exposure to extreme weather conditions, including heat, humidity, and rain
- This position may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.