The Aquatics Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction for all levels of swim lessons to participants of all ages and ability.
- Effectively teach all levels of swim instruction under swim lesson standards, possessing full knowledge of the skills at each level.
- Effectively communicate with parents the appropriate class enrollment level for all children.
- Maintain a familiarity with the registration process and current class schedules.
- Provide ongoing, effective communication with reception desk regarding all classes and programming.
- Prepare award certificates, patches, and cards upon completion of the course.
- Ensure safety of all swimmers by preventative measures and minimizing hazardous situations.
- Enforcement of all pool rules and regulations in a polite and courteous manner.
- Provide quick response to emergency situations in water/deck area.
- Be knowledgeable on all aquatic information and programming.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
- Submits required class records on time.
- Ensure the aquatic area is safe, clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education preferred
- Community C.P.R. certification
- Standard First Aid certification
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certificate
- Experience teaching all ages and all American Red Cross level
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
- Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment
- Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with participants
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.