Aquatics Group Fitness Instructor
As an Aquatics Group Fitness Instructor, you will provide cutting-edge aquatics fitness instruction through a variety of entertaining and educational methods to promote fitness and positive self-esteem in a safe environment. Act as a fitness resource for class participants. Maintain positive relationships with members to encourage continued class attendance.
- Provide cutting-edge aquatic group fitness instruction that appeals to members of all ages and activity levels.
- Achieve daily class attendance goals by developing strong relationships with current class participants and striving to attract new participants.
- Offer challenging and educational aquatic routines to help members reach their health and fitness goals.
The ability to teach and instruct and possess current knowledge and the necessary specialized skills. Must enjoy training, motivating and communicating with people. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED
- One-year experience as a fitness instructor
- Current nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification or specialty class certificate, specialty class license (i.e. Zumba®, etc.).
- Physically fit to lead class at the appropriate level.
- Develop routines with appropriate music and choreography.
- Complete continuing education requirement of 10 hrs./year.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Minimum of one nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification
- AEA or similar Aqua Aerobics Certification is required
This position is currently accepting applications.