WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking a Seasonal Full Time Aquatics Director for Amarillo, TX. The Aquatic Director will be responsible for the overall planning, development, innovation, direction, coordination and administrative organization of all Aquatics related programs and member services including but not limited to: private and group swim lessons and swim team. The Aquatics Director will assure program quality and the safety of youth and adult participants and their families, in addition to supervise aquatic facilities. The Aquatics Director is responsible for direct supervision of the pool operators, lifeguards, instructors and coaches.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Assists in developing monthly client board report.
- Assists in developing monthly community newsletter content.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Facility Manager and WTS Operations Director.
- Submits and follows up on refund request for Aquatics department.
- Directs and manages the development, operations and growth of the aquatics programs and services. Develops and implements annual plans. Ensures that program outcome and revenue targets are met.
- Assesses all department employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Directs and develops Aquatics Instructors and Coaches.
- Establishes new aquatics activities and expands program(s) within the community in accordance with the strategic and annual plans. Implements and analyzes community assessments to determine and respond to related community needs.
- Develops team of coaches and team rep for summer swim team. Ensures a smooth registration process and a successful season.
- Creates and submits Purchase Orders for Aquatics and items within approved annual budget.
- Writes articles or press releases for the department, when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Ensures the aquatics staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Develops and manages the related budgets and meets fiscal objectives. Directly and through team members, monitors revenue and expense; provides reports and projections.
- Administer and initiate aquatics programs, services and orders all pool supplies for the aquatics program consistent with budget provided by WTS International.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs and services through surveys, focus groups and/or other monitoring methods. Uses complied program statistics, data and reports to maintain or make appropriate program and service adjustments.
- Directs the development of timely and accurate program related marketing and communications; produces and ensures distribution of appropriate information to promote programs and services.
- Ensures that safety procedures are followed and that all programs are in compliance with WTS standards, all applicable regulations and other standards.
- Ensures program site cleanliness and features meet/exceed expectation.
- Keeps current with industry trends and applies trends to current and/or new programs.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, as applicable, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Ensures appropriate department supervisory coverage when not available to be in the facility.
- Ensures actual members and/or guests only access facility, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intra-net, and possible newsletter.
- Maintains bulletin board(s).
- Ensures that pools are clean and functioning properly at all times.
- Ensures that proper pH and water chlorine levels per the Department of Texas State Health Services standards are maintained for the swimming pools.
- Maintains pool licenses and verifies that all pool employees have current certifications.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility. Assists in the coordination, preparation, implementation and planning of special events.
- Attends weekly manager and facility meetings as scheduled.
- Any other task and/or duty assigned by the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Operations Director
- Recruits, hires, trains, evaluates, supervises and provides leadership to staff and volunteers with emphasis on program quality, licensing requirement fulfillment, continuing education, and professional development.
- Bachelor's/Master Degree is preferable in health, fitness, recreation or business management field.
- Minimum of one-year experience in an aquatics related management position.
- Certified as a lifeguard, pool operator, Community C.P.R./AED and First Aid certification (WSI and/or LGI certification preferred).
- Must be able to build rapport with members and associated community leaders and/or board and management team
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Professional manner, discretion and appearance.
- Strong effective leadership skills and a good work ethic.
- Proficient in general computer skills, including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power-Point and office equipment.
- Outwardly positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job, facility and clients.
- Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with children and adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time.
- Aware of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position requires that the Aquatics Director be able to swim well enough to maintain current lifeguard certification and in physical shape to perform lifeguarding duties.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to a negligible pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: seeing, hearing and talking.
- This position may require exposure to chemical hazards.
- The position may require exposure to extreme weather conditions, including heat, humidity, and rain.
- The position will be required to use the following equipment: computer, calculator and copying machine.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.