Genesis Health Clubs
Leavenworth, KS 66048
Position: Aquatic Coordinator
Reports to: Aquatics Director
Employee Type: Part Time
This position will oversee all aspects of the Aquatics Program for a designated Genesis location; including hiring, recruiting, scheduling and training new aquatic staff. This includes, but is not limited to lifeguards, aerobics classes, swimming lessons and pool maintenance as well as constantly developing and growing the success of the aquatic department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes procedures as outlined by the Aquatics Director
- Train all instructors to teach safe and effective classes
- Train all instructors to help, assist, motivate and retain all members
- Responsible for organizing and scheduling all group classes as needed
- Maintain equipment, pool and equipment storage areas
- Prepare and discuss weekly aquatic report with aquatic director
- Promote all classes and events internally and externally
- Ability to perform all duties as required for group instructors
- Attends all staff and club meetings and events
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members and staff
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club goals and objectives
- Develop and build a team atmosphere among staff and department
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must hold current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer service abilities
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing and speaking
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 60 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Genesis Health Clubs also operates many other brands in the fitness and family entertainment spaces including Trampoline Parks, Water Parks, Ice Skating Facilities, Meal Prep Services, Baseball Tournament Facilities, and much more.