Bel Air, MD
Bel Air, MD
Bel Air Athletic Club
Bel Air, MD
We are looking for an Aquatics Manager!
Who we are:
Bel Air Athletic Club is Hartford County’s premier athletic club and spa with unparalleled service, state-of-the-art amenities, and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our club supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What our Aquatics Managers are all about:
Our Aquatics Managers are committed to the overall safety of our club members while they are using our pools. They ensure pool operations run smoothly by overseeing all staff, pool maintenance, and maintain balanced pool chemicals throughout the day.
Aquatics Managers have a highly professional demeanor and know how to keep calm in an emergency situation. They hire, train and lead our lifeguard staff while making sure all certifications remain up-to-date. These managers take extreme pride in enforcing pool policies while ensuring a high level of customer service to keep everyone safe and happy while they swim.
What you’re all about:
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment:
- You are an efficient multi-tasker who genuinely enjoys the high demands of a leadership role in an aquatic environment.
- Interested in developing, implementing, maintaining and supervising a comprehensive aquatics program including swim team, swim lessons and fee-based aquatics programs.
- Comfortable leading and supervising the lifeguard staff and coordinating a schedule to ensure a safe pool environment.
- Confident in the overseeing and ensuring the proper maintenance and upkeep of all aquatics facilities.
- Able to recruit, hire, motivate and elevate all aquatics staff.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and working knowledge of pool chemical systems and mechanical standards.
- Have at least one year of pool supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- CPR and AED certified with a WSI and CPO preferred.
Why you want to work for us:
- You are regularly required to sit, swim, walk, use hands, fingers, talk or hear.
- You will frequently lift approximately 25 pounds or more for long distances (greater than 20 feet).
- While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- You are frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions.
- You are occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- We enjoy sharing our clubs with our employees for FREE!
- We provide in-house training to fulfill your CPR certification requirements.
- We have state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- And much, much more!
Wellbridge owns and operates 6 unique brands of full-service, premiere athletic and tennis clubs in the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 18 locations spanning 6 states. We proudly employ more than 1,500 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 40,000 members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.