Aquatics & Activities Supervisor
The Aquatics & Activities Supervisor will be responsible for providing leadership in the development, coordination, planning, administration and supervision of aquatic facilities and programming while lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, when applicable, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate department maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products. Orders all pool supplies.
- Writes articles or press releases for the department, when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed department by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate department supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the facility's MOD schedule.
- Assesses all department employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on department's guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Develops annual budget for pool operations and ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Creates and implements an annual marketing and programming plan to promote all aquatic activities and encourage member participation and utilization.
- Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, programs, and, any expenditures.
- Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intranet, and possible newsletter.
- Maintains bulletin board(s).
- Ensures that the indoor and, if applicable, outdoor pools are clean and functioning properly at all times.
- Maintains pool licenses and verifies that all pool employees have current certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred in the area of Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field.
• Minimum of one-year experience in an aquatics related management position.
• Certified as a lifeguard, pool operator, CPR, and First Aid (WSI and/or LGI certification preferred).
• Excellent communication skills. Must have excellent oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• This position requires that the Aquatics Director be able to swim well enough to maintain
current lifeguard certification and in physical shape to perform lifeguarding duties.
• Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to a negligible pounds of force frequently to move objects.
• This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
• This position will require the following physical requirements: seeing, hearing and talking.
• This position may require exposure to chemical hazards.
• The position may require exposure to extreme weather conditions, including heat, humidity, and rain.
• The position will be required to use the following equipment: computer, calculator and copying machine.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.