Aquajets Head Coach
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure consulting and management firms, is seeking an Aqua Jets Head Coach for the 2020 Aqua Jets season in Ashburn, VA.
Aqua Jets Head Coach is responsible for conducting a well-organized and enjoyable swim team for all participants and their parents during the designated 2020 Aqua Jets season.
• Lead all practices including setup and cleanup.
• Create the meet line-up for Saturday A Meets
• Create the coaching staffing schedule for practices and meets
• Hold weekly coaches meetings - discuss changes that need to be made, and any problems or concerns that may occur
• Attend all swim meets: A Meets, B Meets, Relay Carnival, IM Meet, Divisionals, All Stars
• Report incidents to WTS and document them when they arise
• Attend fun team activities and team functions.
• Coordinate and plan End of Season Banquet and determine end of season award winners with our Director of Swim Programs.
• Attend all teambuilding activities
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for all program participants by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the Ashburn Village Sports Pavilion, Ashburn Village Community Association, and WTS International.
• Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS operations template.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Facility Manager and WTS Account Executive.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, when applicable, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate team and equipment maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Writes correspondence and announcements for the Aqua Jet Swim Team Program, when applicable.
• Creates a team of coaches, assistants, team reps, and volunteers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed swim team program by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Assesses all department employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in end of season performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors parent feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on Aqua Jets Parents and participant's requests and comments.
• Ensures AJ Swim Team program is only accessed by actual registered participants, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Adheres to AJ Swim Team prescribed budget as established and seeks and receives written permission to exceed or go outside these prescribed financial boundaries.
• Participates and leads efforts in promoting the program via social media and soliciting and securing sponsorships as put forth and established in the Aqua Jets Swim Team budget.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in swim team operations.
• Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intranet, and possible newsletter.
• Maintains bulletin board(s).
• Ensures that the indoor and, if applicable, outdoor pools are clean and functioning properly at all times and notifies appropriate pool operators or supervisors to address or correct any issues or deficiencies to ensure a safe environment for all participants.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
Pre-Season Aqua Jet Swim Team meetings would begin in January. Swim Team Head Coach would be expected to attend and help administratively assist Swim Program Coordinator in conducting and attending these meetings prior to his formal start-date as the Aqua Jets Head Coach . Advance notice would be provided and Swim Team Head Coach would be compensated at WTS' administrative and meeting rate of $15 per hour. These meetings and duties would be communicated and coordinated by the Swim Program Coordinator. Other pre-season duties would include:
- Hold team try-outs
- Help get sponsorships
- Interview all swim team coaches
- Answer parent email questions
- Attend monthly parent organization meetings
- Attend Mandatory Parent Meeting/New Parent Meeting
- Help pick out team swimsuit/t-shirt/spirit wear
- Attend team outfitting
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience in similarly sized swim team program and related management position.
- Certified as a lifeguard, CPR, AED, and First Aid.(WSI and/or LGI certification preferred).
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.