After School Program Attendant
Arch Amenities Group
Ashburn, VA 20147
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a After School Program Attendant. The Attendant is responsible for assisting with the running of the After School Activities Program to include but not limited to: providing customer service, ensuring the safety and welfare of all participants, and the continual evaluation of activities. The hours are Monday through Friday, 2:45PM-6:00PM and the position starts August 24th, 2023. We are seeking someone 5 days a week, and comfort driving a bus would be a plus with the possibility for extra pay!
- Be interactive and communicate with children.
- Strictly follow Virginia state licensing standards (will be trained).
- Supervise, administer, and initiate children's activities.
- Prepare fun activities, ensuring appropriateness for various ages and abilities.
- Ensure the safety for all age groups.
- Communicates issues with a child to the parent in a tactful manner
- Make suggestions of activities and supplies for the program consistent with budget provided by Camp Director.
- Maintain a professional attitude with coworkers.
- Follow instructions from supervisor and/or parent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education
- CPR/First Aid certification (we can provide)
- Experience caring for children
- Prefer those who have studied education or recreation management
- Prior experience in instruction of sport assigned
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude toward job, team and facility.
- Maintain professionalism and confidence and can tactfully communicate with parents.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children; is a positive role model
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Individuals must be able to work in a dynamic, customer service oriented environment; adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.