After School Program Attendant
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking an After School Attendant in Ashburn, VA. The After School Attendant is responsible assists in creating, organizing and instructing a recreation program for youth, including arts and crafts, physical activities, and special interest activities.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs varied activities involved in an after school program
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment by keeping the facility clean and orderly
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
- Attend in-service training and staff meetings
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and time sheets.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform
- Monitor the health of the program participants
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience working with children and pre-teens
- Valid C.P.R. certification
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
- Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with parents.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- A good listener with the ability to show empathy.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
- Must exhibit organizational and time management skills.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.