After School Program Attendant
Apollo Beach, FL
Apollo Beach, FL
The After School Attendant is responsible assists in creating, organizing and instructing a recreation program for youth, including arts and crafts, physical activities, and special interest activities.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs varied activities involved in an after school program
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment by keeping the facility clean and orderly
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
- Attend in-service training and staff meetings
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and time sheets.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform
- Monitor the health of the program participants
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience working with children and pre-teens
- Valid C.P.R. certification
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
- Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with parents.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- A good listener with the ability to show empathy.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
- Must exhibit organizational and time management skills.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.