The Edge Fitness Clubs
Media, PA 19063
Club Administrative Specialist
The Club Administrative Specialist is responsible for the club's billing, inventory management, payroll administration and customer service. This person is essentially playing defense and watching the "back of the house". To be successful at this position, he or she must possess exceptional administrative and communication skills. This person must be organized and detail oriented to be the business partner and corporate liaison to the finance department. This person must possess an in-depth understanding of club operations and key functions across all departments with a view to improving processes and services while driving profitability through expense management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for reconciling the POS transactions, counting the cash and making daily deposits at the bank.
- Oversee all paperwork for new membership and PT services, ensuring paperwork is filled out accurately and correcting all error entries made by staff. Ensure all PT sessions and services are booked.
- Process all membership and personal training change forms and cancellations.
- Responsible for maintaining the clubs petty cash account.
- Ensure that all daily reports are updated.
Payroll and Schedule Administration:
- Accountable for ensuring that each employee is clocking in and out on a daily basis and provide the General Manager with daily clock in reports, assisting employees with time clock adjustments when needed.
- Ensure that each schedule a GM posts matches the payroll budget.
- Ensure that all employees are set up in the Datatrak system with correct rates and commission levels.
- Maintain a bi-weekly payroll administration sheet, tracking the club employee's PTO through Time Off & submit to the payroll department.
- Submit any payroll adjustments to the payroll department.
- Administers the performance management program.
- Responsible for Fitness Consultant club onboarding and training.
- Maintain proper inventory levels for bars, drinks, shakes, supplements, and retail, paper and office supplies, ensuring the availability of the product to sell.
- Accurately manage and report the inventory counts, reporting all orders and sales and end of month counts.
- Ensure that the shake bar and retail area is properly stocked, maintained, cleaned and displayed to the Edge standards.
Facilities & Incident Management:
- Responsible for effectively managing and reporting safety incidents and/or losses, identifying and implementing loss prevention techniques and ensures follow through of all reported issues.
- Communicates all building, equipment and maintenance activities, and ensure they are promptly and safely maintained.
- Proactively manage and resolve escalated member concerns and complaints that are brought forward. Maintain detailed and accurate documentation related to concerns and complaints.
- Respond to credit card disputes and any other complaints from the government bureaus.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, accounting or related field.
- 2 years related customer service experience with a demonstrated ability to deliver an exception customer experience.
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
- Experience in Word and Excel a must. Working knowledge of accounting is required. Must have the ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technologies.
- Effective communication skills: oral & written
- Knowledge of company policies/procedures & willingness to learn
- Ability to work with confidential, sensitive information and maintain discretion.
- Strong organization, time management and problem solving skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative, a "roll up the sleeves" mentality and ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- This job operates in a health club environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This position will require sitting at a desk and being on your feet behind the front desk.
Position type & expected hours of work
- This is a full time position with general hours of work (40 hours), however, this position frequently requires long hours and some night/weekend work.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one's behaviour on others.
- Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation; attends to and fully comprehends what others are saying.
- Initiative: Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them.
- Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviours. Builds trust with others through openness and candour. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
- Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer's needs. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result on one's unit of work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Continuous Improvement: Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impacts.
- Organizational Skills: Establishes a course of action for self and others to ensure that work tasks are prioritized effectively and completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving Skills: Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; determines course of action; develops appropriate solutions.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought "we want to be #2 today". NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: "People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care." From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a "do whatever it takes attitude" to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is "how can I help you not what can I sell you".
"If it is to be, it is up to me." Our employees project a winner's mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other's successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!